I am officially addicted to rainbow abundance bowls! Problem is most of them have at least one ingredient that I cannot eat and that will make all the difference… So I made this vegan and low fodmap rejuvenating bowl, inspired by a blogger I love.
I can finally say without fear: Viva the rejuvenating, nourishing, colorful bowls of taste and healthiness!
The idea came from Deliciously Ella and her rejuvenating bowl. She is a big inspiration to me as she also found a cure in food, not settling for anything less that tasty, nourishing and healthy whole foods! This is in fact my second adapted version of Ella’s recipes. My first was this delicious Pecan Pie.
This rejuvenating bowl is the combination of awesome veggies such as spinach and rainbow carrots, with a dose of pulses (in this case the recommended low FODMAP dose of lentils) and another of whole grains (brown rice). I then added a special dressing full of Omega 3, 6 and 9 and finished with a handful of pumpkin seeds. Easy and incredibly tasty!
And if you like this recipe, make sure to also try my Korean bibimbap nourishing bowl.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 rainbow carrot medium, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/4 cup lentils canned
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar optional
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil OR garlic infused oil
- 1 handful pumkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp walnut oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg optional
- Place the rice in a sauce pan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cook on a low heat, until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Steam the carrot for about thirty minutes or until soft. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork, mixing in the lemon and tamari.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium–high heat. Add the spinach and sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Remove the spinach and place the lentils to heat them. I suggest adding 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to enhance their flavor.
- Mix the dressing together in a mug, then place everything in a bowl and pour the dressing over it. Finally toss in the pumpkin seeds and serve.