Fact 1: I miss the sun! Fact 2: I missed eggs! Fact 3: winter blues have arrived…
Off I went to the kitchen with an idea on my mind: Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish Omelette) that I could easily cook and pack.
Felt much better after creating and tasting these savory muffins!
I first learned how to make tortilla with a Spanish friend. I remember to have tried several times before with little success… I learned with my friend that there are two small tricks that make all the difference: the way you cut the potatoes and the way you flip the spanish omelette. The first one is easy (you just need to shave the potatoes) but the second took me a while to master… the dramatic climax of tortilla flipping that can ruin your creation in just seconds. And it did! So this time, to avoid any unpleasant surprises I’ve used the fritatta trick: oven with it and problem solved. With the plus that it’s the perfect packed lunch.
Lunch or brunch or breakfast, any excuse is good to eat these savory sunny muffins.
Spanish Omelette Muffins (low FODMAP)
- 4 tbsp olive oil or garlic infused oil
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and shaved in small pieces
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup scallions green tops only, chopped
- 1/2 red bellpeper cut into thin slices
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 360ºF/180ºC.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium–high heat.
- Add the shaved potatoes, reduce heat to medium and let them cook for 15 minutes or until tender and slightly golden in the edges.
- Whisk the eggs in a big bowl and add in the scallions, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the egg mixture and incorporate.
- Pour the mixture on a 12 muffins baking tray (or 12 muffins cups) and place the pepper slices on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, unmold and serve.
Adoro este tipo de muffins! São super proteicos, com uma salada são um excelente almoço!
Obrigada, Sara 🙂