Zucchini+leftover chicken = zucchini rolls! This is what happens when I don’t know what to cook and have no time to go to the market. I’ve come up with these and got lucky. This low FODMAP grilled zucchini rolls with chichen and sage recipe might just become one of my favorites!
A low cost, easy and tasty recipe, perfect to take to work in a bento box.
Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Chicken and Sage
An ingenious low FODMAP grilled zucchini rolls with chicken and sage recipe. A smart and easy recipe, perfect for when you have leftover chicken.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 small zucchini cut lengthwise into 0,5cm/ 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red tomato cut in tiny squares
- 170 gr/ 6 oz of shredded roasted chicken or grilled chicken breast cutlets
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ¼ cup fresh sage
- In a pan with olive oil, grill the zucchini slices in medium heat until tender (approx. 5 minutes per side) and set aside.
- In the same pan cook the tomato for 5 minutes, until roughly cooked. Combine the chicken, salt, lemon juice, tamari sauce and sage leaves and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Spread a teaspoon of the mix at one end of each zucchini slice and roll the slice up.
Tried this recipe?Mention @mygutfeelingblog or tag #mygutfeeling!
Leave a Reply