A low fodmap noodle salad recipe with citrus grilled turkey, cherry tomatoes and chives. A great alternative to grilled chicken.
After being told I had to give up gluten, one of the toughest foods to eliminate was pasta. How would I live without it?? Fortunately we have a lot of gluten free noodles available, includind soba noodles, which I also recommend for this delicious noodles salad.
When trying to reduce red meat, one has to vary as much as possible and this is why for this recipe I chose grilled turkey, a great alternative to grilled chicken. I’ll show you how to season it to avoid drying the meat and to enhance its flavour. The tomatoes and chives add freshness and the sunflower seeds are great final touch.
A fresh, healthy and nutritious pasta salad, easy to prepare and take to work.
Citrus Grilled Turkey Noodle Salad
- 180g | 6.3 oz gluten free noodles OR soba noodles
- 200 g | 7 oz of turkey breast cutlets
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 g | 5,29 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 tbsp fresh chives sliced
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp sunflower seeds
- a dash of olive oil optional
- Season the turkey with the lemon juice, soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Grill the turkey over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Cook pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt, following package instructions.
- Drain the noodles under cold water and transfer them to a salad bowl.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chives, and lemon juice.
- Finish by sprinkling the sunflower seeds.
- If needed, season to taste with salt and olive oil.