Learn how to make Low FODMAP pancakes from scratch in a blender in less than 15 minutes! A simple recipe for a filling breakfast.
These low FODMAP pancakes are super quick and easy to make to start your day quickly and well!
The other day I woke up craving pancakes and thought how nice it would be to be able to make them in less than 15 minutes! Same thing happened when I created this stovetop bread (which also takes less than 15 minutes to prepare).
I had already shared my ultra fluffy pancakes here, but I wanted a simpler and faster blender-type recipe. I must confess that I was not a big fan of recipes in the blender because I thought it was unlikely to get satisfactory results. But it took me a few tests to conclude that it is possible to make good low FODMAP recipes in a blender!
For these low FODMAP blender pancakes you’ll need…
Since I was going to make something super simple, I thought the recipe should also be very easy to memorise. Take a look:
- 100 grams GF and low FODMAP flour
- 100 ml of vegetable milk
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
In addition to using staple ingredients, these low FODMAP pancakes are sugar free. Sugar is low FODMAP (except coconut and demerara) but honestly I don’t think these pancakes need to be sweetened. Just a sweet topping is enough. Choose our favorite below.
- Low FODMAP fruit: pawpaw, orange (1 medium) or strawberries (45g)
- Lactose free or coconut yogurt
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- This low FODMAP granola
You can choose to make 6 small pancakes or 3 medium pancakes. I personally like them small, so I can vary the toppings, some sweet and some savory. But it’s up to you. And they can also be frozen for an even faster breakfast!
And if you liked the recipe, don’t forget to rate it and comment below.
Low FODMAP Blender Pancakes
- 3.5 oz | 100g self-rising gluten-free flour* (I used Doves Farm)
- 3.5 fl oz | 100ml almond milk OR rice milk OR lactose free milk
- 3.5 oz | 100g unripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan greased with a little oil or butter and pour the dough forming 6 small or 3 medium pancakes. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, flipping with a spatula.
- Serve with your favorite low FODMAP topping and enjoy!
This recipe has been revised and updated according to Monash FODMAP’s latest updates.