Sometimes your friends invite you for dinner and propose to make a low FODMAP meal. And even if it´s not an easy task, they still want to surprise you so they study online and ask some general questions without unveiling too much. These are the best friends* and the best dinners 🙂
Today´s recipe is inspired by the amazing pavlova served by my friends.
If you happen to have a couple of eggs, sugar, one lemon, two bananas and an bit of butter, you can make this work! I promise you this five-ingredients recipe will be one of the easiest and most delicious desserts you´ll ever have.
This meringue-based dessert has a soft marshmallowy consistense and a delicate crisp crust. To top it, I´ve decided to use the leftover yolks to create a fresh and easy homemade banana-lemon curd. I´ve also added some raspberry to balance the flavours.
*Thank you to Marie, Jim, Alice, Timéo and Matias for cooking such a wonderful meal and for daring to enter the sometimes daunting world of low FODMAP cooking with such grace and success! Xo
Mini Pavlovas with Banana-Lemon Curd
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup | 100 gr. of sugar
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tbsp butter lactose free if intolerant
- Juice of one small lemon
- Raspberries optional
- Preheat oven to 285ºF/140°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. In a big bowl beat the egg white until firm peaks form.
- Gradually add half of the sugar, beating constantly for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture in the baking tray and create approximately 9 round nests, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and dry. Turn oven off. Leave the pavlovas in the oven, with the door semi-open, to cool completely.
- While the meringues are cooling, beat egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, the rest of the sugar and bananas in a blender or food processor, until fully combined and silky smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon the banana-lemon curd on top of the pavlovas. Top with raspberries and serve.