Did you know that you can make a creamy, rich, but yet sugar-free, low FODMAP and vegan ice cream with just one ingredient? Neither did I
I had seen this trick several times before on the internet but wasn’t quite sure it would work. So I tried this recipe and the final result was this surprisingly tasty and creamy ice cream. Best part is you don’t even need an ice cream maker to do it!
For the magic to happen just freeze ripe bananas and puree them until it all magically turns into ice cream. Then you can divide the ice cream in three portions, keep a third of it for some natural banana flavor, add cocoa powder for some chocolate banana scoops and green tea powder for some matcha banana scoops. And if you like matcha, check out these yummy matcha mini crepes.
Now I know what to do with my ripe bananas 😉
Frozen-Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate and Matcha
- 6,15 oz | 175g ripe bananas
- 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Cut the bananas into small pieces (coins) and freeze in an airtight container or freezing bag until solid (at least 2 hours, ideally overnight).
- Put them in a strong blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. This will be noisy (similar to crushing ice in the blender) and will take some minutes. You will know it´s done when it suddenly goes creamy and custardy, like soft-serve ice cream.
- Divide the ice cream in three parts. Set aside one of the parts.
- Add the cocoa to one of the other parts and pulse the blender until everything is evenly mixed. Clean the blade and container and repeat the process with the matcha powder.
- Serve right away or store in the freezer in three different airtight containers.