This low fodmap tuna quinoa salad is colourful and healthy. It is packed with superfoods: red quinoa, spinach and fresh bonito tuna. Tasty and super healthy!
For this recipe, I suggest Ocean Naturals Skipjack tuna or any other canned tuna of your preference.
For this low fodmap quinoa tuna salada, I wanted to add some vibrant ingredients so I came up with these two colourful and savory super foods: my beloved quinoa in red and, after a trip to the bio market, spinach. The stands are full of them due to the mild summer we’re having this year in Europe.
Tuna Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa any kind
- 2 cups | 75 g spinach
- 1 can of tuna
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring the water to the boil and add the quinoa and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and reduce heat to low.
- When water is gone, turn off the heat, fluff the quinoa and spinach with a fork, and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Shread the tuna and add the chopped chives.
- Blend all ingredients together and season with lemon juice, salt and olive oil.