Three ingredients low FODMAP peanut butter coconut chicken recipe where the chicken is slowly cooked in a rich coconut milk and peanut butter sauce.
Chicken and coconut have a special place in this blog and in my tummy. If you add peanut butter it gets even more special. Just by writing the word butter I act all pavlov’s dog… Why?
Because I love peanut BUTTER! Also, when cold seems to have definitely arrived to central Europe, the need for easy creamy casseroles is big! So why not combine all these three ingredients and make it happen? Done! I present to you this low FODMAP peanut butter coconut chicken slowly cooked in a rich creamy coconut milk and peanut butter sauce. Both tasty and healthy, bien sûr!
Some of you must be wondering why I use coconut milk in a main dish. Let me just tell you that there are some incredible (not only thai) recipes like Vatapá (Brazil), Chacuti (India/Portugal) or Matapa (Mozambique) that use it. And if you are still having doubts on wether you should embrace coconut in your kitchen, check this out!
Nutritional benefits of coconut
- Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite;
- Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance;
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals;
- Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction (removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease);
- Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL);
- Restores and supports thyroid function;
- Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection.
Quite impressive, hein? Here are some other blog recipes with coconut milk:
- Millet Casserole with Coconut Milk
- Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
- Mini Bundt Cakes with Coconut Whip
- Chocolate Oat Waffles with Coconut Whip
And if you’re looking for another awesome chicken dinner idea, check out this beautiful and flavorful Chicken Turmeric Rice recipe.
Peanut Butter Coconut Chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil OR garlic infused oil
- 4 chicken legs skinless
- 6,3 oz | 180g canned coconut milk*
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium–high heat.
- Toss in the chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning often to ensure even color.
- Cover the chicken with water and let it cook over medium-low heat for approx. 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut milk and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add the preparation to the chicken and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Give everything a good stir and salt to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve with your favourite rice. I suggest jasmine.
- in the low FODMAP diet we can eat up to 2,12 ounces | 60 grams of canned coconut for cooking. Recipe calls for 3 times more, but it’s for four people. If you stick to one serving of the recipe you won’t have symptoms.