Check out this awesome no bake low FODMAP fruit tart. It has a homemade crust, topped with yoghurt and fresh fruit. A delicious vegan, flourless and sugar free dessert!
Today I share with you a very special and healthy dessert. This low FODMAP fruit tart is a good example that eating with food restrictions doesn’t have to be boring!
What does this low fodmap fruit tart have
- CRUST rolled oats, dried fruit in the allowed doses
- TOPPING Coconut yoghurt (the only vegetable yoghurt tested) and low FODMAP fresh fruit.
what doesn’t it have
- animal products (cream, eggs, gelatin)
- excess FODMAP
is sugar low FODMAP?
This is one of the great myths of the low FODMAP diet. The answer is yes. Table sugar is allowed on the Low FODMAP diet and you don’t need to stop using it.
So why did I make this sugar-free recipe? Because here at home, tastes are divided between fans of savory and sweet recipes. The little one and I prefer saltier food and he has more of a sweet tooth. This is not to say that I don’t like sweet desserts from time to time, but I prefer it always with fruit and little sugar. As you can see below, I’ve already shared many of my favorite sweet recipes on this blog.
Low FODMAP no-bake desserts
More low FODMAP desserts with fruit
Here’s the recipe, hope you like it!
No-bake low FODMAP fruit tart
- 3.5 oz | 100g rolled oats
- 2.12 oz | 60g shredded coconut
- 1.76 oz | 50g walnuts
- 0.84 oz | 24g almonds
- 0.53 oz | 15g dates pitted
- 0.53 oz | 15g dried cranberries
- 2 coconut yoghurts or lactose-free (non-vegan)
- 3.53 oz | 100g strawberries
- 3.53 oz | 100g grapes
- 2.82 oz | 80g mango
- Place the crust ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get a moist paste.
- Fill a 9-inch | 28cm tart pan with this crust mixture, tamping well, and refrigerate for 30 minutes (ideally 2 hours).
- Fill in with yoghurt and top with the low FODMAP fresh fruit.
- 1.83 oz | 52g rolled oats (fructans and GOS). The recipe has almost twice as much and is for 4 people.
- 1.06 oz | 30g shredded coconut (sorbitol). The recipe has twice as much and is for 4 people.
- 0.42 oz | 12g almonds (GOS). The recipe has twice as much and is for 4 people.
- 0.28 oz | 8g dates (fructans). The recipe has almost twice as much and is for 4 people.
- 0.53 oz | 15g dried cranberries (fructans). The recipe has the same amount.
- 1.41 oz | 40g mango (fructose). The recipe has twice as much and is for 4 people.