Low FODMAP Stovetop Bread ready in less than 15 minutes! An easy, healthy and delicious recipe. No oven or bread machine needed.
This recipe is from my new and first cookbook Dieta Low FODMAP, which means (yes you guessed) Low FODMAP Diet in portuguese. Here’s the cover:
This book is a dream come true and I am very happy to be able to share this news with my english speaking readers. Even if I know Portuguese is a difficult language, I find it natural to share this big news with you guys! Maybe who knows one day it might be translated to English.
In this book you can find more than 50 recipes, including this delicious Low FODMAP Stovetop Bread. A simple recipe with staple ingredients, ready in less than 15 minutes. A healthy and super yummy breakfast!
It’s somewhere between a the no-knead skillet bread without the oven part and a flatbread, but a bit thicker. I find it to be surprisingly tasty and satisfying and it comes in handy when I’m out of homemade low FODMAP bread or I just forgot to buy some…
In addition to being very easy to make, this Low FODMAP Stovetop Bread is super fluffy and satisfying.
And if you make this bread, don’t forget to comment and rate below.
Low FODMAP Stovetop Bread
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn, millet, quinoa, teff or buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil more for greasing the skillet
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds optional
- Place the dry ingredients (flours, tapioca, baking powder and salt) in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the beaten egg, the olive oil and the water, mixing well. You should get a thick dough, so if it is too liquid, add a little more of one of the flours. If it is too thick, add another tablespoon or two of water.
- In the lowest heat of your stopoven, heat a small skilled or frying pan lightly greased with olive oil.
- Place the dough in the skillet, flattening it with your fingers. Decorate with the seeds (optional) and cover with a lid, allowing to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the bread, and cook for another 5 minutes covered .
- Remove the bread from the pan. Allow to cool and it's ready.