A healthy and delicious low FODMAP banana orange bread recipe with carrots, walnuts and dried cranberries. A low FODMAP, gluten free and vegan cake that tastes naughty!
I was craving for a healthy low FODMAP banana bread for my birthday. Problem was it was quite hard to find a recipe that worked. It seemed like an impossible mission at the time but then my very good friend Julia saved me! She showed me Harry Eastwood’s wonderful book Red Velvet and Chocolate Heartache. This book helped me find the joy of baking desserts that could please everybody. I tried out a couple of recipes and they were an instant success amongst friends and family.
This low FODMAP Banana Orange Bread is actually a combination of two of Harry Eastwood’s natural cake recipes: cinnamon banana bread and carrot cake. And because most of her recipes are already gluten and dairy free, it was easy to adapted to vegan and low FODMAP.
I was very happy to have (and share) my cake and eat it for my birthday! A Low FODMAP Banana bread that tastes really naughty! It’s a pleasure to share it with all you sensitive guts out there.
More delicious recipes with banana
Low FODMAP Banana Orange Bread
- 2 flax eggs* 2 tbsp flaxseeds + 6 tbsp warm water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3,52 oz |100g unripe banana (1 medium)
- 1 big orange
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine flaxseeds and warm water, allow to sit for about 5 minutes and mix in the blender.
- Finely grate the zest of the orange on to a plate and set aside, then squeeze the orange and soak the cranberries in the juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the flax eggs and sugar and incorporate the grated carrots and orange zest.
- Mash the banana with a fork and add it to the mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract (optional) and whisk until completely blended.
- Finally add the orange juice with the cranberries and the walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Bake in a 0,5kg/1lb loaf tin (25cm*11cm*7,5cm / 10inch*9inch*4,5inch), lightly greased, in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.