Delicious and Healthy low FODMAP Chocolate Truffles. A simple no bake, 5-ingredient vegan recipe. The perfect healthy snack!
Sometimes we just need a sweet and simple treat to cheer us up! The goal of the low FODMAP diet is to control symptoms, not to lose weight. But even if we can digest most sugars, it is good not to over-eat sweets. This is why a balanced and healthy diet is important and compatible with the low FODMAP diet.
And it was thinking about those moments when we crave for something sweet , that I created this Healthy Low FODMAP Chocolate Truffles vegan recipe. You’ll love these healthy energy balls that will melt down in your mouth!
What’s in these Low FODMAP Chocolate Truffles?
The flavor and texture are just like regular truffles but with no heavy cream. I used these ingredients instead:
- canned coconut milk
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate
- and cocoa and grated coconut for toppings
The safe portion size is 3 truffles per meal. I guarantee that one is enough, two are for sweet tooth and three for those who need a huge dose of chocolate!
Healthy low FODMAP Chocolate Truffles (vegan)
- 150 g | 5.29 oz dark chocolate
- 60 ml | 2 fl oz canned coconut milk
- 50 g | 1.8oz peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 g | 0.35oz cocoa powder OR shredded coconut or half/half
- In a small pan, melt the chocolate (cut into small pieces) with the coconut milk over low heat and stir until everything is well mixed. You can also microwave it for 1.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup, mix well and let cool.
- Place the pan in the fridge for at least 1.5 hours.
- Take one teaspoon at a time and make 16 balls with your hands. It wil be easier if you wet your hands with water.
- Top the truffles with cocoa powder, grated coconut or half of each.
- Store in the fridge until serving.
- Chocolate, up to 30g (lactose)
- Canned coconut milk has a safe dose of 60g (sorbitol).
- Grated coconut, up to 30g (sorbitol)
- Cocoa powder,up to 8g, doses above are high in fructans and GOS.