Sometimes the unnexpected happens. You idealise a recipe, bake it and it comes out just like the way you’ve imagined! Lucky me because I have a dinner party to attend to and this is what I will be taking 😉
These cookies are very easy to make and perfect for those moments when you don’t have much time to bake a dessert. Plus they are gluten free, vegan and they will make your house smell like Xmas!
And if you’re looking for some Christmas cookies, check out these speculoos gourmet cookies.
Gingerbread Thumprint Cookies with Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup | 110 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseeds
- 1 cup | 150g brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup | 75g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup | 75g cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon more to sprinkle
- 20 tbsp peanut butter for filling
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle optional
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chia seeds and warm water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the flours until well incorporated.
- Combine sugar, oil, ginger, cinammon and mix thoroughly.
- With your hands create little balls with the dough and place them in the baking tray.
- Use your thumb to press in the dough and make a little hole halfway into the cookie.
- Bake for 20 minute.
- While the cookies are still hot, fill them in with peanut butter, in order for the butter to melt.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or shredded coconut (optional)