Hi guys! It’s been a while…. six months to be precise! But I do have a good excuse for this absence 😉 but before unveiling the reasons, I wanted to share with you this yummy low FODMAP Sesame Crusted Salmon recipe’s secret ingredient that will change the way you cook salmon! Curious?!
And the secret ingredient is….
The secret ingredient of this low FODMAP sesame crusted salmon recipe that keeps it all well together is mustard! What?! Not very asian style, more sort of european style instead. You can use french dijon mustard but to be honest, any regular mustard paste will do. So now that you know the secret, I will share with you the two reasons why I’ve stopped posting 6 months ago.
Exciting news! (at least for some of you ;))
As most of you know, I am Portuguese and I love my country’s cuisine. When I started blogging 6 years ago, I decided to write in English for a bigger audience, as the low FODMAP diet was pretty much unknown. Now that its benefits are internationally known and more people are starting the diet, I felt the need to translate My Gut Feeling into portuguese. This is one of the things I’ve been doing during this time: translating and updating more than 100 low FODMAP recipes into portuguese. Ufff it was heavy but it is DONE! 😀
Second thing, yesterday I’ve launched an eBook in Portuguese! Even if it is quite unlikely that you’ll be interested in a portuguese eCookbook, I thought it would be cool to share this news with you. It is called O Meu Primeiro Livro de Cozinha Low FODMAP, which means “My First Low FODMAP Cookbook” and it is an easy and comprehensive guide for cooking and eating on the low FODMAP diet, with +40 dietitian reviewed recipes, tips, a printable weekly meal plan and a shopping list.
And finally the recipe!
The low FODMAP Sesame Crusted Salmon recipe I’m sharing with you today is one of the easy dinner recipes from this book. It has only 3 ingredientes and is ready in 15 minutes! Quite easy, quick and super tasty!! Check it out!
Low FODMAP Sesame Crusted Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets skinless
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and spread the mustard evenly over the fillets.
- Place the sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Gently press the salmon (already coated with mustard) into sesame seeds to coat evenly on all sides. Aim for a complete sesame seed crust, and expect some seeds to fall.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and carefully place the fillets. Start by cooking the top and bottom of the salmon for 3 to 5 minutes, turning with extreme care. Do the same with the smallest parts of the fillets, cooking for approximately 2 minutes more on each side.
- Remove gently from the pan and it's ready to serve.
I hope you can forgive my long absense and be sure I’ll now be posting regularly both in English and Portuguese, sharing low FODMAP recipes and tips to make your life easier in the kitchen! 😉