Today I bring you this moist and fluffly low FODMAP marble (or zebra) cake recipe. With perfectly balanced chocolate and vanilla flavours, it’s also gut friendly and easy to make!
You probably know how I love the challenge to adapt and transform these classic childhood desserts into delicious and gut friendly sweet treats. It’s the case of this yogurt and lemon cake, these shortbread cookies with dark chocolate and these marble mini cakes with almonds. These three recipes have actually inspired me to make this low FODMAP marble / zebra cake recipe. And I wanted to make it as simple as possible. A no-fuss simple marble cake that can be enjoyed both by us and our families. I think I’ve succeded, judging by how quickly it disappeared!
In order to make this cake, you’ll just need some basic low FODMAP ingredients and one hour of your time. Shall we give it a try?
Low FODMAP Marble Cake
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 egg big
- 1 cup lactose free yogurt unsweetened
- 1/3 cup lactose free milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cocoa powder heaped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk the sugar with the oil for 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until the batter starts to bubble.
- Add in the yogurt, milk, lemon zest and vanilla extract and combine.
- In another bowl, combine the rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt and slowly add to the batter, beating until completely blended.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into a 1lb loaf tin (10inch*9inch*4,5inch)
- Mix in the cocoa powder to the 1/3 of the batter and slowly pour it in the middle of the 2/3 batter in the cake pan, making waves while pouring.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and serve.