Carrot + Chocolate + Candied Almonds = A gluten free, vegan, low FODMAP and naturally healthy treat!
My natural mini cake trilogy is now complete, after these two creations with
Banana + Walnuts + Coconut Chantilly = this
Pumpkin + Chocolate + Walnuts = this
I am quite happy to have created these three small natural cake recipes with yummy toppings. I find it´s the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion with friends and family. Each person has its own guilt free, healthy and allergen friendly treat. This was probably my biggest challenge when starting this blog: to create recipes from scratch that could be enjoyed by everybody and not simple adaptations of a recipe with regular flour, butter or eggs. I found that the challenge to create beautiful, moist, tasty and healthy sensitivities friendly desserts has made me discover a whole new baked goods world I knew very little about.
It´s been quite a ride (8 months since my first post, give or take), and I am enjoying every step of the way! THANK YOU for reading, supporting, commenting and most importantly, for enjoying the recipes 🙂
Carrot and Chocolate Marble Bundtlettes with Candied Almonds
- 3,5 oz | 100 gr 1 medium carrot, steamed and puréed
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, more for greasing
- ½ cup | 75 gr rice flour
- 0,35 oz 10 gr | 10 ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/4 cup | 60 gr brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup | 70 ml vegetable milk almond milk, if tolerated
- 2 tsp cocoa powder heaped
For the Candied Almonds
- 0,35 oz | 10 gr | 10 almonds roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/ 180ºC and grease 4 mini molds with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and carrot purée. Add in the rice flour, ground almonds, sugar and baking powder and mix until well incorporated. Slowly add the milk, gently stirring until an even batter is formed.
- Fill in 1/3 of the molds with batter. Stir the cocoa powder into the remaining mixture and pour this dark batter in the middle of the molds. Set aside.
- In a small ovenproof recipient lined with parchment paper combine almonds, maple syrup and cinnamon and mix until evenly coated.
- Bake mini cakes and almonds together in the oven. Remove the almonds after 15 minutes and leave the cakes in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Cool the almonds and the cakes before unmolding (approx. 15 minutes).
- Unmold the cakes and top with candied almonds.