Greek Yogurt and Lemon Donuts
Light and moist low FODMAP baked donuts recipe with greek yogurt and a delicious citrus glaze. A healthy alternative, also gluten free and low in lactose.
- 1/2 cup | 2,4 oz | 70g rice flour
- 1/3 cup | 1,7 oz | 50g tapioca
- 1/4 cup | 0,85 oz | 24g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup | 1,4 oz | 40g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4,4 oz | 125g greek yogurt (naturally lactose free) or lactose free yogurt - leave a tablespoon for the glaze
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the lemon glaze
- 1 cup | 4,4 oz | 125g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt or lactose free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest optional
Preheat oven to 325ºF/ 160ºC.
In a large bowl whisk the sugar with the butter for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and beat until the batter starts to bubble.
Add in the yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract and combine.
In another bowl, combine flour, tapioca, almond meal, baking powder and salt and slowly add to the batter, beating until completely blended.
Spoon the batter into a donut pan or donut molds and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.