Banana Ice Cream Crumble with Dark Chocolate Chunks
A low FODMAP crumble recipe with a surprising frozen-banana ice cream filling, topped with dark chocolate. A gluten free and vegan dessert.
Servings: 4 crumbles
- 1 cup | 90g quick oats
- 1 oz | 30g walnuts finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4,92 oz | 140g frozen ripe bananas*
- 1 oz | 30g dark chocolate in chunks
Preheat oven to 360ºF/ 180ºC
In a medium bowl, combine oats, walnuts, oil or butter, sugar salt and cinnamon and mix well.
Press the mixture into 4 small pie pans or ramekins.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool and fill with banana ice-cream*.
Top with chocolate chunks and freeze until serving.
On the low FODMAP diet you can have:
- 1/4 cup | 0,81oz | 23g of quick oats;
- 1,06oz | 30g of walnuts;
- 1,23oz | 35g ripe banana;
- 0,71 oz | 30g of dark chocolate.
So, it is safe to eat one crumble.