Low FODMAP Tomato Tart
This beautiful french-inspired Tomato Tart is gluten free and low FODMAP. An easy and quick recipe filled with tomatoes, cheese (omit if vegan), mustard and herbs.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 9-inch | 28cm low FODMAP pie crust OR sheet of low FODMAP puffed pastry
- 10 oz | 300g tomatoes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard OR regular mustard
- 2 oz | 55g grated gruyère cheese (omit if vegan)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Fresh basil leaves optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch | 0,5 cm slices, sprinkle with kosher salt and let drain for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. This method will keep your crust from getting soggy.
Heat oven to 390ºF | 200ºC degrees. Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch | 28cm tart pan and prick the dough all over with a fork.
Spread the mustard along the bottom of the tart. By this order, layer the cheese (omit if vegan), herbs and tomatoes on top.
Lightly brush tomatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with black pepper and a small pinch of salt.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and the crust is golden. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. This tomato tart can also be served at room temperature.