Low FODMAP Granola
Homemade low FODMAP granola recipe packed full of oats, seeds and walnuts for a healthy breakfast. Vegan and gluten-free.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time40 minutes mins
Total Time50 minutes mins
Cuisine: Low Fodmap
Keyword: oats, granola
Servings: 8 portions
- 2 cups | 7oz | 200g rolled oats gluten free if intolerant
- 1/2 cup | 1,75 oz | 50g walnuts
- 2 tbsp | 20g flax seeds
- 2 tbsp | 20g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup | 2,37oz | 70ml maple syrup
- 1/4 cup | 2oz | 60ml melted coconut oil if solid, put in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 2 tbsp | 30g brown sugar
Preheat oven to 300ºF/ 150ºC.
Measure oats, walnuts and seeds into a big bowl.
Add the maple syrup, sugar and oil and stir until well blended.
Spread out the mix on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the oats are golden brown and fragrant, and gently stir with a spatula every 10 minutes.
Let the granola cool completely in the baking tray and store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I suggest eating the granola with coconut yoghurt and a fresh orange.
Low FODMAP safe quantities:
You can safely eat up to 1/4 of the granola per meal. Recipe yelds 8 portions.
- rolled oats - 1,83oz | 52 grams recipe calls for 7 oz |200g. Even if allowed, there is a lot of low fodmapers that find oats hard to digest so I advise you to test a smaller quantity first. And if you want to learn more about oats on the low FODMAP diet, check this post.
- flax seeds (GOS) - 1 tbsp | 15g. Recipe calls for double.