Creamy Spinach and Ricotta Pasta with Walnuts
Gluten free pasta with sauteed spinach, ricotta and walnuts. Make yourself this healthy and tasty take-to-work low FODMAP lunch in less than 15 minutes!
Servings: 2 people
- 7 oz | 200 gr gluten-free penne or any other GF pasta of your choice
- 2 cups | 75 gr spinach washed and drained
- 3 tbsp garlic infused olive oil OR olive oil+a garlic clove
- 4 tbsp | 80 gr ricotta cheese
- Black pepper
- 2 oz | 60 gr walnuts (10) roughly chopped
Cook the pasta according to package instruction, drain and set aside.
If you don’t have garlic infused oil, heat the olive oil with the garlic clove in a big skillet over medium–high heat. Remove the garlic clove, add the spinach and sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. (It is very important to remove the garlic clove before adding the ingredients, otherwhise the food will be contamined with fodmaps from the garlic)
Add in the cooked pasta and ricotta and quickly give everything a big stir (to avoid overcooking the pasta). Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve with walnuts on top.
Low FODMAP safe servings:
- 2 tbsp | 1,4 oz |40 gr ricotta cheese
- 1 cup | 1,3 oz | 38 gr spinach
- 1 oz | 30 gr | 5 walnuts
So you can safely eat half of this pasta dish!