Low FODMAP Tuna Noodle Casserole
This healthy, light and delicious low FODMAP Tuna Noodle Casserole is easy to make and even easier to love. Perfect for a weeknight family dinner.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups | 290 gr gluten-free egg noodles
- 5.3 oz | 150 gr frozen green beans
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 7 oz | 200 gr. canned tomatoes diced
- 2,6 oz | 75 gr | 1 medium carrot cut into small dices
- 5 oz | 142 gr can of tuna
- ½ cup | 40 gr. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
Preheat oven to 375ºF /190ºC on grill.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans for 15 minutes and add the pasta, following the cooking time on the package instructions. Drain.
Add the olive oil, canned tomatoes and diced carrot to a large sauté pan. Salt according to taste and add some water if the sauce is too thick. Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tuna and cook for another five minutes.
In a medium sized casserole, gently mix the noodles with the sauce (be careful, as gluten free noodles break easily), top with the shredded cheese and chives and grill in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Please note that you can eat up to half of the casserole. Low FODMAP safe quantities per meal:
- 1 cup | 145 gr cooked gluten free pasta
- 3.5 oz | 100 gr canned tomato
- 2.65 oz | 75 gr green beans
- ½ cup | 40 gr shredded cheddar cheese