Low FODMAP Caprese Pasta Salad with Pesto
Low FODMAP caprese pasta salad with homemade pesto. A fresh, simple and healthy recipe. The ideal meal to take to work.
Servings: 2 people
- 5.29 oz | 150g gluten-free penne pasta
- 5.29 oz | 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2.82 oz | 80g mini mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of oregano optional
- Pinch of black pepper optional
For the pesto
- 1.41 oz | 40g fresh basil
- 2.82 oz | 80g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 oz | 30g pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3.38 fl oz | 100ml garlic-infused olive oil
Cook pasta following the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Put all pesto ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor until you get a thick paste. Slowly pour in the olive oil until you get a creamy paste.
In a salad bowl, in two bowls or in a food container with a lid, add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, mini mozzarellas and finally the amount of pesto you want (I suggest 1 tbsp per serving), mixing well with a spatula. You can sprinkle it with a pinch of oregano and another of black pepper. Serve or store in the fridge covered until serving.
Safe serving size on the low FODMAP diet:
I recommend eating 1 portion, 1/2 of the recipe.
It is quite possible that you'll have leftover pesto sauce for other meals. See here how to freeze pesto and use it for later.
- We can eat 75g of cherry tomatoes (fructans). The recipe has twice as much and serves two people.
- Both pine nuts and cheeses are low FODMAP but it is advisable to follow the portions indicated in the recipe to avoid FODMAP stacking.