Check out this Low FODMAP Creamy Spinach and Ricotta Pasta with Walnuts. Make yourself this healthy and tasty low FODMAP dish in less than 15 minutes!
This is definitely one of my favorite pasta dishes and it’s quite versatile too. You can use any kind of pasta you like – I suggest penne or spaghetti. Use mozarella instead of ricotta (also low FODMAP and both alternatives are lower in fat than cream); pine nuts instead of walnuts (they are low FODMAP too but a bit more expensive) and you could even try swiss chard, similar to spinach in flavor and texture; it will certainly bring diversity to your plate. And if you’re curious to try this hearty green, take a look at this recipe.
But let’s get back to our creamy pasta. Actualy it has NO cream 😉 There is no big secret behind it, except using one big skillet to sautee the spinach and well mix all the ingredient before serving. Believe it or not, with this little trick, you’ll have a delicious and creamy pasta dish in less than 15 minutes! And did I mention it is quite healthy too? 😉
Creamy Spinach and Ricotta Pasta with Walnuts
- 7 oz | 200 gr gluten-free penne or any other GF pasta of your choice
- 2 cups | 75 gr spinach washed and drained
- 3 tbsp garlic infused olive oil OR olive oil+a garlic clove
- 4 tbsp | 80 gr ricotta cheese
- Black pepper
- 2 oz | 60 gr walnuts (10) roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package instruction, drain and set aside.
- If you don’t have garlic infused oil, heat the olive oil with the garlic clove in a big skillet over medium–high heat. Remove the garlic clove, add the spinach and sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. (It is very important to remove the garlic clove before adding the ingredients, otherwhise the food will be contamined with fodmaps from the garlic)
- Add in the cooked pasta and ricotta and quickly give everything a big stir (to avoid overcooking the pasta). Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve with walnuts on top.