Healthy and nutrient packed low FODMAP loaded potatoes with sauteed swiss chard and smoked salmon. Delish and super easy!
Loaded potatoes are very easy to make and quite filling but are normally topped with fatty and cheesy ingredients that make them a little bit too heavy for my taste and difficult to digest. Now, if you go for this version, you’ll get a healthy and nutricious dish, that will impress you and your guests.
Loaded potatoes are basically baked potatoes with skin and any kind will do. After baking you simply cut them in half, purée a bit the inside with a fork and top with sautéed veggies and marinated smoked salmon. How simple is that?
For this recipe I used one of my favorite leafy greens – swiss chard – because you can cook the stalks as well and they are delicious!! You can also use spinach but you won’t get the nice crispy but yet tender texture of the swiss chard stems. If you haven´t eaten them yet, this is a good time to start, as these veggies are an unique source of nutrients, providing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification support to your body. Simple, filling, healthy and low FODMAP.
Low FODMAP Smoked Salmon and Swiss Chard Loaded Potatoes
- 2 potatoes big
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more to rub the potatoes
- 1 cup | 2,65oz | 115g swiss chard with stalks OR spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 7 oz | 200g smoked salmon
- 1 small lemon squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 400º F/ 200ºC.
- Scrub the potatoes, pierce a few times with a fork, and rub with olive oil. Place in a baking tray and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, season the smoked salmon with lemon juice and set aside to marinate.
- Wash the swiss chard, separate the stalks from the leaves and chop them, keeping them separated.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add stalks, and cook until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add leaves, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until tender, 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are baked (they should be soft when you prick with a knife), remove them from the oven and carefully slice in half. Gently purée the insides with a fork and top with the sautéed chard and the marinated smoked salmon.