Zucchini+leftover chicken = zucchini rolls! This is what happens when I don´t know what to cook and have no time to go to the market. I´ve come up with these and got lucky. This might just become one of my favorite recipes!
A low cost, easy and tasty recipe, perfect to take to work in a bento box.
- 2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 0,5cm/ ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red tomato, cut in tiny squares
- 170 gr/ 6 oz of shredded roasted chicken or grilled chicken breast cutlets
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ¼ cup fresh sage
- In a pan with olive oil, grill the zucchini slices in medium heat until tender (approx. 5 minutes per side) and set aside.
- In the same pan cook the tomato for 5 minutes, until roughly cooked. Combine the chicken, salt, lemon juice, tamari sauce and sage leaves and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Spread a teaspoon of the mix at one end of each zucchini slice and roll the slice up.