Sometimes the unnexpected happens. You idealise a recipe, bake it and it comes out just like the way you´ve imagined! Lucky me because I have a dinner party to attend to and this is what I will be taking 😉
These cookies are very easy to make and perfect for those moments when you don´t have much time to bake a dessert. Plus they are gluten, dairy and egg free and will make your house smell like Xmas!
I would also like to share with you my favorite cookbooks, in case you are looking for ideas to gift your loved ones. You can find the list here.
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, more to sprinkle
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- peanut butter for filling (or dark chocolate spread)
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chia seeds and warm water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine chia seeds and water, sugar, oil, ginger, cinammon and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the flours until well incorporated.
- With your hands create little balls with the dough and place them in the baking tray.
- Use your thumb to press in the dough and make a little hole halfway into the cookie.
- Bake for 20 minute.
- While the cookies are still hot, fill them in with peanut butter, in order for the butter to melt.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or shredded coconut (optional)